The Atomos Shogun Inferno is a 7", 1920 x 1200 on-camera recording monitor that combines 4K recording with a 10-bit FRC panel that supports native display of HDR (log) footage as well as high-brightness viewing of Rec. 709 footage. It utilizes 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs to support clean output signals at resolutions up to UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 60 fps, recording it to 2.5" SSDs using 10-bit, 4:2:2 Apple ProRes, and Avid DNxHR codecs. The Inferno, unlike the similar Shogun Flame, supports Quad 3G-SDI input. It even supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) raw video streams over SDI from select Sony and Canon cameras, encoding it as ProRes/DNxHR files.
The monitor features 10-bit FRC processing and AtomHDR display technology support a 10-stop brightness range, allowing you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor offers built-in presets to accurately translate popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remained unaltered.
Atomos Shogun Inferno 7" 4K Recording Monitor
- 1920 x 1200 Touchscreen Display
- 10-Bit FRC Monitor Processing
- 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI Inputs/Outputs
- 1500 cd/m² Brightness
- HDR Mode with 10-Stop Dynamic Range
- High Bright Mode for Rec. 709 Viewing
- UHD 4K up to 60p / 1080p up to 240 fps
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHR Encoding
- Records to 2.5" SSD/HDD Media
- Dual Sony L-Series Battery Slots